As many of you know, I announced a few months back that I would be phasing out Mingle Forum and writing a new (much better) forum from scratch. That is still true but development on the new and very large forum project is taking much longer than I expected, especially since I’m a one-man team on it right now.
So, because I am behind schedule on the new forum, I have decided to take a break coding the new one and spend some time updating Mingle Forum. The next update (vs. 1.0.31) will include the ability to link WordPress posts with forum posts CHEERS!
It takes a great deal of time to continue developing these great, free plugins so if you’re feeling happy today please pass some of that sunshine on through a donation
Here’s the list of everything I’m hoping to get done in Mingle Forum 1.0.31. Be sure to check the changelog to see what actually makes it in.
– Ability to link WordPress posts with forum posts (complete)
– Use “Real” signatures instead of Bio’s (complete)
– Preview Post before submitting it
– “Quote” shows up in locked topics (fixed)
– Vanishing topic title if apostrophe is used in the title (fixed)
– If error occurs while creating, editing or replying to a post the entire post is lost
– Protected posts show up in the “new topics since last visit” feed (fixed)
EDIT (July 13 2011):
– Input fix to prevent XSS attacks (complete)
– Possible path disclosure in /fs-admin/ files (complete)
This post has been viewed 186361 times!Want a plugin that counts your Blog Post hits?